TELEHEALTH COVID-19 MESSAGE TO PATIENTS
Governor Sisolak has ordered a statewide closure of non-essential Nevada businesses in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Advanced Orthopedics/Sports Plus PT is considered an essential business and will remain open for essential orthopedic, spine and pain services. Office visits are being triaged to prioritize immediate essential medical needs.
In light of this, we are excited to offer real time telehealth as an alternative to coming to one of our four offices to comply with good public health practices as advocated by the Center for Disease Control, the Federal Government, and the State of Nevada. Your doctor and his team will be triaging appointments and scheduling for a telehealth visit if your condition qualifies. If you are not an urgent case and you are not interested in a telehealth appointment, your appointment may be rescheduled in the future. Given the uncertainty regarding when the public health movement restrictions are relaxed, your appointment may be changed. Alternatively, if appropriate you can be seen by your healthcare provider via computer, tablet or smartphone. You will be seen live in real time by your doctor, physician assistant or nurse practitioner as you normally would. You will receive the same consultation and advice that you would were you in the office.
Thank you for your understanding during this national emergency.
The Advanced Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Team
To our wonderful patients at Advanced Orthopedics & Sports Medicine,
First and foremost, we would like you to know that our thoughts are with you and your families as we face the challenges of COVID-19 together. As we deal with the effects of COVID-19, we understand the fears and anxieties that accompany the changes to our daily lives.
Last night, Gov. Steve Sisolak ordered the closure of all “nonessential” businesses for 30-days. Per the guidelines outlined by Gov. Sisolak, our office is categorized as an Essential Business and will REMAIN OPEN to treat our patients.
As an Essential Business, it is our duty to continue to provide care to our patients and do our part to help keep our community healthy. As such, we have implemented the following changes in our office to ensure a safe visit with your medical provider.
- Upon arrival, please check in with the front desk.
- You may provide the front desk with your cell phone number and wait in your car until your provider is ready to see you.
- If you choose to wait in your car, you will be notified via call or text and will be escorted back to your private exam room to be seen by your provider.
- If you chose to wait in the waiting room, please follow the CDC guidelines of maintaining 6 feet between you and others.
Please be assured that our office is taking the health and well-being of both our
patients and our staff very seriously and have implemented additional cleaning protocols of all of our workspaces and exam rooms in between patients.
As a reminder:
If you have any of the following conditions, please call our office to reschedule your appointment:
- You are experiencing any signs of acute respiratory illness such as coughing, fever and shortness of breath or have experienced any of these symptoms in the past 24-48 hrs.
- You or an immediate family member is waiting for a coronavirus test results.
- You have recently travelled to any locations that have a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for COVID 19.Current Level 3 countries are China, Iran, South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City and the United Kingdom
- Have had contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
We look forward to helping our community during these difficult times.
The Advanced Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Team
Advanced Orthopedics is taking steps to help prevent the CoronaVirus
The most recent news on the CoronaVirus (COVID-19), prevention is the best action possible. Therefore, the, CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Stay home when you are sick and so we are asking if you are not feeling well please call to reschedule your appointment.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe. We use a multi-purpose germicidal hospital grade cleaner and we clean all tables between.
CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol -based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Advanced Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Advanced Orthopedics is the premier orthopedic practice serving active Las Vegas Nevada for over 10 years. Our team of top fellowship-trained Doctors and Physicians offers the latest nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for the full spectrum of orthopedic sub-specialties — sports medicine, total joint replacement, spine, foot and ankle, hand and upper extremities, hip, and knee — all under one roof.
We are dedicated to assisting our patients return to their highest performance and that’s why our day-to-day practice is inextricably linked to innovation and research in the field of orthopedics and sports medicine. We never stop pursuing new ways to improve our full continuum of care at our centers of excellence.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR DOCTORS
PATIENT EDUCATION CENTER